Jordan Golden Trail
Tour rate: Group tours rate: $2700/ person, depending on number of participants.
Jordan Golden Trail Trekking Tour, 14 days ;The itinerary explores the entire mountains range between Dana nature reserve to Wadi Rum through Petra for 11 actual days of hiking, penetrating sand stone mountains (with some igneous rocks buckets), where the campsite is the end of the hiking trail each day and the beginning of the hiking trail the next day.
The tour explores some of the most non – urbanized areas and in Jordan, away from any inhabited area, 4*4 cars will carry the sleeping tools and luggage from one campsite to another, participants will carry their picnic lunches and drinking water for day time only, the tour will explore the ancient city of Petra too for two full days where participants will have a chance to stay in 3 stars hotel in Petra take hot showers, most of the nights are camping alone in the middle of no-where, each few nights participants will stay in a hotel or local lodge to have hot showers and relax, the tour extends to Wadi Rum as well where participants walk from Petra to Wadi rum for several days and stay at local Bedouin camp in Wadi Rum with hot water and showers.
Best time of the year: due to the relatively high temperature of the region it’s the cold season only which might be suitable to explore it (end of November, December, January, February and March, maybe April).
What should participants bring? warm cloths, cameras, anti exfoliation medicine might be useful and plenty of underwear, beside sun screen, good hiking shoes and maybe 2 of them beside some cash money.
- Meet and assist at the border
- Transportation (private vehicles)
- Guiding (English speaking)
- 4*4 cars to carry the luggage from one site to another
- Food (3 meals a day, with cooked dinners and hot soap), mineral water and hot tea during the hiking days, (breakfast and dinner provided with picnic lunch)
- Accommodation in 3* stars hotel in Petra for one night, and another two nights at the beginning and the end of the tour
- Entrance fees to Petra and Wadi Rum
- Border taxes and fees
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratitude
- Travel insurance
Jordan golden trail tour main highlights, from Dana Nature Reserve to Wadi Rum:
The distance between Dana nature reserve and Wadi Rum for most of the trekking tours varies from 150 to 200 km’s depending on the chosen trail, the entire trail from Dana Nature reserve to Wadi Rum can be divided into four parts:
- From Dana Nature Reserve to Petra: it would take 4 – 5 trekking days, depending on the season; itineraries might go through the mountains to Petra during the warm season, or down to the rift valley through the Arava during the coldest months then climbing to Petra again
- Petra old city: most of the travelers would need extra one or two free days to explore the monument s of Petra before going further to the south
- From Petra to Wadi Rum: usually it takes 3 – 4 trekking days from Petra to Greganeh desert in the Arava then going to the east toward Wadi Rum for full exhausting trekking day through Wadi Ahemr, when people get out of Wadi Ahemr they mostly take jeeps ride to Wadi Rum desert otherwise it’s 2 extra days walking
- Inside Wadi Rum: people can do climbing or just walking for a couple of days there, penetrate the desert from the very north to Aqaba in the south it’s 4 days trekking, it’s quiet difficult to do trekking here during the hot season